Thursday, May 10, 2012

Family Craft Night

We usually do this in December, but we couldn't find time this year until just a couple of weeks ago.  We were quite prolific.  We all went through our houses and gathered vases, jars, any clear glass containers we could find.  I have a bin that holds lots of different soil mixtures, sands, rocks, etc. that I keep for planting.  The girls and I went out and purchased many different small plants to use--as it turned out we got too many.  We had a variety of containers and seven people creating, so we were really guessing with the amount.

Here are pics of the final results.  There were so many cool, creative terrariums, but I had a really hard time photographing them and only got decent pictures of some of them.  I have to admit my favorite was Dej's Alice in Wonderland (below) themed, and it looks great in her living room!







We had a lot of fun, made a huge mess, and have all of our terrariums displayed (and cat safe, we think) and looking very healthy.  I'm curious to see how long it takes my cats to find a way around my cat proofing.  Despite having their own container full of live cat grass, they still love to molest and destroy my plants.









1 comment :

Marina and Steve said...

These are amazing!! What a great DIY arts and crafts project, plus a family activity...