Sunday, June 02, 2013

Kalaanjali Annual Day

I'm still alive and survived another intense semester. I'm planning to start blogging again--I just couldn't keep up with everything once my students started their big semester project in Java.  I have a heinous migraine tonight, so I'm just posting the video from Luciana's Annual Day performance yesterday.

The orchestra was from India, so the first time they practiced the dance with the music was Friday night's rehearsal.  L was very frustrated, because she messed up a bit on her hands in part of the performance, but it was a very challenging piece, and they had less than half the time they usually spend learning a new dance.  I'm proud of her--she worked really hard and did quite well on a difficult piece.  She was also hormonal, feeling unwell, having major knee pain, and was a bit emotionally "off", but she still got up there and did a good job!


The second video is a portion of one of the acts in the ballet they performed. It was an awesome number--one of my favorites, but my arms were very tired of holding the camera up, and I wanted to just watch and enjoy the rest of the dance.  The orchestra accidentally skipped a portion of the  music, so the girls had a confusing moment of trying to figure out where they needed to pick up the dance, which was now shorter than intended.

No comments :