Monday, July 06, 2015

April Update

Fiona, cute as always
Fergus, all better--no head tilt
April flew by.  I think all I did was work.  I have a few pictures from the spring egg hunt and of the animals, but that's about it.  No garden pictures at all--I completely missed photographing the spring bulbs for the first year ever.  If I don't blog things, I don't remember them, so the whole month is kind of a blur.

We did experience some major April showers.  In our basement.  Again.  First our hot water heater died. The first indication we had that anything was wrong was finding 40 gallons of water on our basement floor, because the bottom had a rust spot that gave out. I never thought to crawl under and check, but now I know to keep an eye on that kind of thing.  We got that replaced and got some clean up done, but hadn't returned everything back to normal when the valve on our washer gave out, and we came home to find that had flooded the basement.  UGH!  The plus side is that like our original floods in the winter of 2014, at least it was all clean water, so the stuff that wasn't ruined by getting wet ended up clean.  I'd like to think that everything that could flood in the basement has happened, and we should be set now for many years, but...  I'm still pretty paranoid about water in the house.





I never envisioned when we started the first egg hunt for Dej 23 years ago that I would still be doing them!  L isn't ready to let them go, so we continue to stuff the same collection of plastic eggs with cash and vegan chocolates and jelly beans.  L almost always "wins" with more eggs found, as she's much more aggressive than her sister.  We still have to help and give Dej hints.  Each girl & Russ also get their own basket (the girls have had the same baskets their whole lives), filled with money, candy, and sometimes other goodies (you can see Russ got some kind of manly liquor in his basket).



The animals are always quite certain that any family/holiday gatherings are thrown so that there are extra humans to rub/massage/pet them, so they insert themselves into every activity that detracts from their rightful attention.
We always have an assortment of boxes around the house. The cats love them.

No comments :