Monday, March 27, 2017

In the kitchen

Yesterday (Sunday) Mark and Luce went to IL to visit his family.  Only two of the three of us can go, due to the animals, so I spent the day with them. I had originally planned of using the day to get some database work done, but I didn't get the authentication info I needed, so I switched to a kitchen day. I'm on spring break this week, so I have some flexibility and will do the work tomorrow and Weds. instead.


I had a fairly productive day, listening to Pandora radio, dancing, and cooking and cleaning.  I wiped down and refilled the spices, and re-organized my spice cabinet. I love a freshly organized kitchen! I also like the smell of my spice cabinet, and sometimes just open it up to take a deep sniff.

I made:

  • five pounds of seitan
  • a double batch of suet:  I most often use this recipe but add birdseed and nuts to it. 
  • hummus wraps for Luce's lunches: I make her two a week, because she claims mine always taste better than hers. She handles the rest of her lunches.
  • lentil brown rice soup:  This was a new recipe, and I made way too much of it. I had enough to freeze for another meal.We'll eat it Tuesday (soup night), but I tasted it, and it's very good. 

  • pizza (Sunday dinner); I most often use this crust recipe, but I fold in a good portion of garlic before I roll out the crust. We really like the garlicky crust. 
getting ready to go into the oven..
  • roasted broccoli (to go with the pizza) 

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

All the food looks tasty and healthy, but the soup looks extremely good on these chilly spring days!

BB (Janesville)