Thursday, April 08, 2010

Hurley Bird

L & I decided to have a 'craft day' today. Actually, L decided and so that's what we did. :) She finished up a project that she had started last night, and I finally finished up those damn bird houses I started weeks ago. I had a little creative block with the bigger house. I got the sided and roof done, and couldn't decide what to do with the front. So it sat there on my desk until last night (which she also declared to be a "girls' craft night"). The bird houses are both done and reassembled, and I like them much better this way. I wish I had taken 'before' pics, but I didn't think of it.


The blue & white houses in the middle are perfect, so I didn't change a thing. Dej made those for me many, many years ago.

This is my sweet Hurley bird, preening me. L took a picture tonight while Hurley and I were doing our nightly herbivore room cleaning, feeding, etc. Sometimes his preening is a bit vigorous--OUCH! He isn't trying to hurt, though, and he will learn to be more gentle.

He's such a handsome guy!

No comments :