Thursday, April 01, 2010

Przemo

Why don’t rechargeable batteries come charged? I had a hard lesson this week. After a very long work day, I was rushing around trying to get the animal-related chores done and get ready to attend a reunion party for our friends who were back visiting from Poland. Somehow I managed to remember that the last time I used my camera, I had a low-battery warning on it. Feeling so proud of my poor old, tired brain for remembering, I quickly grabbed a new package of rechargeable batteries (as none of ours were charged and I didn’t have time to wait for them to charge), put them in the camera, and ran out the door. I arrived and said my ‘hellos’ and gave the necessary hugs. I then got out my camera to take some photos of my kids with Przemek. I snapped two shots, and then the display informed me that my batteries were dead. I didn’t get a single picture of our other friends, who despite living in WI, we don’t see nearly enough. I was so frustrated that I was on the ball for a change—I even remembered the batteries. We haven’t been together as a group for eight years!

M was there for an hour or so, but left early, because L needed to get home and get to bed. He got a picture as well, so these are the only two I had from the whole night.

I’ve used rechargeable batteries for years. Did I know this and just not remember? At any rate, it’s completely idiotic to purchase brand new batteries that can’t be used immediately!

I couldn’t drink, because I had to drive. I’m so paranoid and fearful of driving in a compromised state, that I could only drink one Mike’s hard lemonade in the 5 hours spent there. All of the extremely embarrassing photos I could have taken of my liquored-up friends would have been so entertaining. ;P So my dear, liquored-up friends, thanks for getting some photos! I'm glad you guys were brighter and better prepared than I was for this reunion! And YAY, Danelle!! You didn't delete the photos with you in them!

We had a wonderful time catching up and laughing. It was so much fun, and I hope we don't wait another eight years to get together again!

No comments :