Sunday, August 21, 2011

Nothing left but weeds and memories

I'm still working very hard at both jobs.  It will be rough for another couple of weeks, but things should start to normalize eventually!  We've squeezed some activities into our work-packed schedules though.  Last weekend M & L were out of town at M's cousin's wedding.  I stayed for a nice, long productive weekend.  H was with me for the first portion of it and was very chatty.  I did get a couple of days to myself though and managed to get a fair amount of work done.


Dej and I loved the dress L picked out for the wedding and wished we could find it in our sizes, though Dej is pretty sure she could squeeze into her sister's if given the opportunity.  L does not intend to give her that opportunity.  We had just gotten her a nice summer dress at the beginning of the summer.  She's not terribly into wearing dresses right now, but always needs to have one on hand so she has appropriate clothing for dressy events.  She has already outgrown that very cute dress, so we had to run out and get an emergency dress for this wedding. 

Yesterday we had to attend a family reunion immediately followed by the Heartland Farm Sanctuary Dinner & Auction.  We were all very tired from an action-packed weekend when we arrived last night, but we had a great time!  My friend, Kristin, coordinated this event.  We've been to so, so many fundraising dinner/auctions, but I've never seen one run quite so well.  I mean, I knew Kristin was a smart, fun, ball of energy, but now I'm a little intimidated by her kick-ass skills.  The girl is the flipping rock star of event planners!  Seriously, we were just blown away by what a fantastic job she did one absolutely everything. 

Dej & Russ attended with us.  We all had fun bidding on the TONS of awesome auction items, and I won the one item I most wanted and was sure I couldn't afford.  I adore these pigs and am eager to find the perfect spot to display them.



We (L, H, and I) also squeaked in a last-minute trip to Six Flags with my friend Orinda and her boys. We had great weather and it was a wonderful day. All four of the kids like the big rides and are up for riding anything they are big enough for. We got pictures of the kids and I on the Logger's Run and on Superman. Funny how Orinda managed to avoid being in any of the pictures.

No comments :