Monday, June 18, 2012

Pig Minds


M started his father's day celebration with a solo trip to Madison to walk through Allen Centennial and Olbrich Gardens.  While I love to walk through those gardens, I do NOT like to go with him and try to avoid doing so whenever possible.  He got to take his time, take 1000+ picture (I am not exaggerating here), and chat up everyone he knows in the gardening community without me giving him "the look" as I fantasize about shoving him.



His day continued to get better, as we squeezed in a trip to the library, and then the four of us (just the nuke family--rare for us) went out for lunch/dinner. We have been eager to try the new microbrew/vegan restaurant, Pig Minds Brewing, that opened in Machesney Park, and since beer and food are both in M's top three list, we went there.


The restaurant was very clean with a modern industrial look and had a nice outdoor seating area.  M selected a beer to start with, and he let Dej and I each try it--we all liked it. We had to take far too long deciding what to order, because so many things looked really good.  We finally made our selections and ordered.  It was then that M noticed that he could order 5oz. beers, so he could taste a variety.  The appetizers were delicious as were all of our meals.  We left there with uncomfortably full stomachs, and Dej and I had half of our meals in To Go boxes.




M and I ordered the same entree, with different sides, as did L & Dej.  These pictures by no means do justice to this incredibly yummy food!  The girls ordered The Pig Mind, and we ordered Bruschetta Burger.  M got a 64oz. bottle of his favorite beer to go, and each time we return, we can get the bottle refilled ($5 cheaper that way).  I had the other half of my burger for lunch today and cannot wait to get another one. I wish Pig Minds were a bit closer, but we will definitely be going on a regular basis.


L is attending camp at Heartland Farm Sanctuary this week.  When I dropped her off this morning, I got to meet Lola the pig, a new resident, as well as some old friends, and that was a great start to my day.  I am looking forward to lots of pictures throughout the week, as L took her camera with her.  I hope the kids and animals are able to stay cool enough to enjoy each other.  As always, I'm extremely nervous and uncomfortable about her being in a different city than me, and without any immediate family or her grandma near.  It doesn't bother her at all, but it still causes me a lot of distress.  Only 4.25 days left. :)

No comments :