Tuesday, December 18, 2012

First holiday gathering of the season

This year, our holiday get together with M's family was on the early side.  Normally they come a little later in the month, and traditionally we eat, go to the light show, and have a small gift exchange.  Schedules were crazy this month, so they came on Saturday, we ate, and had a very small gift exchange (as per mutual agreement in an effort to end the consumer culture).  




L gave each of M's parents and his brother & wife a canvas watercolor.  As always, I loved her art and was sad to see it go, but at least I have pictures of it.  We really enjoyed the minimalistic gift exchange, and look forward to the same with my family and friends.  

We're all on the same page with this--even the kids.  I know M & I are feeling so much less stress about the holiday season than usual, and I think the rest of the crew is too.   Gifts of time and service and gifts that are hand made are so much better than any other kinds!So far the only shopping I've done is for giving tree items, and I'm not planning to do much more--maybe and hour or so for stocking stuffers. 

No comments :