Friday, December 07, 2012

Projects

We have one week of classes and one week of final exams left of the semester.  Projects are due next week for all four of my classes, so I'm swamped with helping panicky, tired, stressed students troubleshoot projects.  This has left me little time for grading, so I'm a little stressed myself.

I took a few hours away from projects today to do a little cleaning and organizing.  M informed me that he's bringing the Yule tree up tomorrow, so it was really necessary to get the house back in order.  Not fun.


I'm posting some pics tonight that are from this summer (the leaves, not the cute bonus pic of Lexi above).  The girls participated in the Rotary Botanical Gardens' artist fundraiser, and they had oak leaves this year.  We won both in the auction, and they are now our backyard.  Sadly, L's has faded a bit, which is strange.  Her leaf took her countless hours, as it is all hand drawn with a black Sharpee (lots of them, actually).  We don't know why some portions faded while some held up well.  The whole thing is sealed.

No comments :