Thursday, April 24, 2008

Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!




Tonight LOST returns after five weeks of desolate emptiness without it. We will be recording it shortly and watching it at 10:00 (1.5 hrs from now)! Can you tell that I'm a bit excited? :D
The garden is really springing to life! We have lots of daffodils and even some tulips open. The trees and shrubs are budded out, and there is a lot of green everywhere. It was hard to get good photos, as today was so windy!
I'm still suffering major muscle pain (in pretty much every muscle between my neck and knees) from a yoga class I took on Tuesday. I LOVE yoga and have to admit I haven't been practicing for quite a while. I feel so much better in every way when I regularly do yoga, yet my laziness seems to win. Anyway, I knew that they were offering a class during the day at work Tuesday, and I wanted to go, but the way things have been going lately at work, I didn't think I would have time. I didn't dress appropriately or bring any extra clothes. As it turned out, Tuesday was not nearly as crazy busy as the last few weeks have been, so I thought I would run down to the class and observe, in hopes of picking up some pointers and getting inspired to start up again. I got down to class, in my work clothes, and took a seat, prepared to watch. When the teacher started class, however, she started with breath work. I knew that would be helpful and clothing wouldn't matter, so I got into position on the floor and did the breath work. Of course we all had to take off our shoes, and it was only after I had removed mine and looked down that I realized what I had done. Now I was standing in a room full of co-workers with each of my 10 toes painted (poorly) a different color--lovely varying shades of red, burgundy, pink, mauve, silver, blue, lavendar. Yes, I had previously let Luciana paint my toenails and forgot to remove it. It was made all the more pretty by the missing chunk of toenail and scab that was prominently displayed on my left big toe. So very pretty.

I was really into the groove and feeling great when she switched from that to asanas, so I figured, "what the hell", I'll just do a few. She had us doing a great 12-pose sun salutation, and we did several rapid repetitions of it. It felt great! It felt so great, that I couldn't stop myself and finished the whole class. After the one-hour class, I felt re-energized and headed back up to work. It was then I realized that I was HOT, sweaty, and less than fresh. It also hit me then, that since it was a Tues., I would have to go straight from there to teach my class that evening. Great. A whole day of less than freshness.

I've never done yoga with co-workers before. There's a bit of weirdness afterward. The breath work--well it looks and sounds pretty weird. Some of the positions--hmmm--not so flattering. I had just bared my hideous toenails and prominently stuck my ass up in the air in downward-facing dog. We share a special bond now, I guess. So now when I run into Dave or Kay in the hall or in a meeting, we have the mutual nod. We've buzzed like bees together, panted, grunted, waved asses in the air--we're a special kind of family now. ;P

I do wish that teacher worked in Janesville. I don't see myself adding yet another trip to Madison in my week, but I would LOVE to take classes with her. She also teaches body rolling, which I hadn't heard of before. After hearing her talk about it, I looked into it, and it looks really interesting. I'm strongly considering ordering up some of the balls so I can give it a try. Ultimately, that would give me one more thing that I have the equipment and ability to do, that would improve the quality of my life, that I lazily neglect and kick myself for. We should all have a plethora of things that are good for us that we neglect and kick ourselves for. Why limit it to just yoga? Feeling guilty over just one or two things is so boring!

No comments :