Saturday, April 05, 2008

Spring...finally!

A Happy spring picture L. painted. Notice that, as always in her pictures, she has included a waterfall (on the left side).

Today is absolutely beautiful! It's almost 70 degrees. L & H are playing out in our back yard with the dogs. She just came in and tried to change into shorts, but I told her no. She compromised with leaving on the pants and t-shirt, but changed her shoes and socks for flip flops. The windows are open again, so the cats get to lie in the window sills. They really miss that in the winter. I was hoping to get out and get some gardening time today, but it's not shaping up that way. I've had a full day of grading, creating homeschool work for the week, and paying the monthly bills. I still have a few more chores to take care of in the house, and then we will be heading out for date night. Tonight is another top secret activity, planned by Mark. I have no idea what we are doing, other than it is in Madison.


The concert Dej went to last weekend was a band called, "Explosions in the Sky". There was a huge group of her friends there--a group of 20-30 kids went to see this concert. She had me listen to her iPod this week to hear this band, as I had never heard their music before. I was absolutely shocked! It's kind of like elevator music. I mean, it's REALLY mellow instrumental stuff. Not what I expected at all! I know she has drastically varied musical tastes, but this is just SO not what I think of when I think of a huge group of teens going to a concert. It's a far cry from her usual death-metal type concerts (which I actually prefer to this music). She had a great time, so that's what counts. It's just really odd. I guess I never will figure my teen out!

No comments :