Sunday, May 18, 2008

Jesus Christ is not a weapon.

That, so far, is my favorite LOST line ever! That's saying a lot, as there as so many good ones to choose from. Oh, and Sun--holy hell--I love when she gets badass like that! Another great episode, but now we have two long weeks to wait during which I will be trolling for spoilers.

Our lilacs along the back fence are in full bloom, and the back yard smells wonderful! It's the best time of year to weed the back garden, because I love the smell of our lilacs so much. I look forward to the short bloom period every spring.

Mark's been working a ton again lately--seven days a week and lots of evenings, too. As much as I love the weather this time of year, it's a HUGE bummer that M. is never around (or is beyond tired when he is here).

We did get a little time together last night for date night. He took me out for my 'mother's day' date. We had another fabulous dinner at Buraka (I ate way too much but loved it all), and then we went to see Spamalot at the Overture center. It was really, really funny. It would definitely be in our top three favorite performances. We also had great seats! We were four rows back from the stage and had an aisle seat--I love aisle seats, as I tend to get claustraphobic crammed in the middle of a row. We ended an already great night with a re-watch of Thursday's LOST, which was the perfect ending!

Tica is home from her spay and appears to be recovering quite well. Since last night was our date night, L. & D. spent the night at the grandparents. Tica is still in L.'s room, and she sleeps in bed with L.--usually on her chest. Poor Tica really missed her last night. I kept her in bed with me until quite late, but when I was afraid I would fall asleep, I took her back to L's room. She woke me up early this morning, crying. I went in L's room, afraid she had gotten hurt or ripped a stitch or something like that. She was standing right inside the door and ran right to me as soon as the door opened. The poor little thing was just lonely and had missed her roommate. While she was at the vet recovering from her surgery, we put a window seat in for her, and she really enjoys supervising the neighborhood from her window.

No comments :