Saturday, May 10, 2008

Only fools are enslaved by time and space



I'm feeling a little random today, so I'm posting another pretty tulip picture and another precious Tica picture.

First things first. LOST was indeed brilliant. We will be re-watching tonight, and we can't wait to see it again! I love that my three favorite characters, Locke, Ben, and Hurley, are on an adventure together! They are all great, great actors with fabulous roles. Michael Emerson (Ben), however is one of the best actors I have seen. He should most definitely win an award (I have no idea which, as I don't pay any attention to the Hollywood awards stuff) for his portrayal of Ben.

L. and I finished the Hawkings' book, George's Secret Key to the Universe, a couple of weeks ago. We are currently re-reading, "Claude and Medea: The Hellburn Dogs" for our bedtime reading. This is a fantastic book by Zoe Weil (who I'm hoping will write more like this), who is the founder of the Institute for Humane Education. This book has an engaging plot with fun characters, yet still manages to present several important social issues that children should be aware of. It's sensitive, in that it doesn't overwhelm children with the ugliness and evil in the world, but it does introduce some important issues to them: child slavery, environmental issues, animal issues, etc. We're enjoying it as much the second time around.

Tica has continued to adjust and is doing great, with the exception of her terror of other cats. We will have a LONG way to go with this one. It makes me sad that she is so afraid--that she has had to develop that as a survival skill.

We still have some cats we are working on catching for TNR. We don't have homes available (as usual) and they aren't human friendly. At this point the best we can do is stop them from procreating, get them medical treatment for anything they may have going on (at least one seems sick), and release them back to their outdoor "home". I wish we could do better for them, but we can't at this point. We just need more good homes and fewer selfish humans!

I finally finished up reading and learning what I needed to in order to get going with my body rolling. I went through an entire session today. I'm not sure if I will feel sore tomorrow or not, but I cannot believe the instant results from this. After the first spine roll, I could feel a HUGE difference between the side I just rolled and the side I hadn't yet gotten to. I don't think I have ever done any form of physical activity that had such immediate positive benefits. I feel that I can take deep breaths like I haven't been able to forever! I would be a fool to not continue doing this on a regular basis! Since I struggle with willpower sometimes and always struggle with finding enough time to get everything done, I may prove myself to be a fool soon enough. At this point, though, I intend to continue this. I would think that even if I could only get to it once a week, it would be so worth it, and I would still have the positive benefits of it.

No comments :