Friday, July 25, 2008

Mother of one















I'm sharing a few more pictures of some of our small critter friends from vacation.


Today Dejanique turned 18, which makes me officially a mother of only one child now. She's an adult on the outside, anyway (far from it really, but the law says she is), so she is now her own responsibility. She's also her own worst enemy, and I can no longer protect her from that. It's freeing and distressing at the same time.
Luciana had her last swim class today but didn't really progress during this six-week period. I may have to look into lessons elsewhere, because I'm getting very nervous that she's not a solid swimmer yet.


Hmmm...I thought I could fake it through a blog entry today, but I've got nothing. I'm losing the battle this week with my pain and physical issues, which makes me pretty disinterested in life for the moment. I think terminal illness would be much better than chronic. We also lost a beautiful kitten this morning, thanks to irresponsible humans who don't spay and neuter. Not liking anyone today except my rescue friends.

No comments :