Monday, December 22, 2008

I swear we must have just skipped a few days between last Weds. and today. My last post was Wednesday, it's already Monday, and I cannot believe five days have passed. I'm starting to panic now, because it is much too close to xmas, and I still have way too much to do! I spent today baking, and everything that could go wrong did go wrong, causing it to take twice as long as it should have, and I have a batch of ugly cupcakes that I can't give away as gifts now. They taste good, at least, so we have plenty of mint chocolate cupcakes to eat, but they are certainly not going to win any beauty awards.

I have a full 8-10 hours of cooking to do tomorrow, in order to get ready for xmas eve/xmas day. Before that (and before the blizzard starts), I have to run to the grocery store to get a bunch of stuff I need before I can cook. It will not be a fun day.


Beth, Dan (M's brother), Carolyn (M's mom)


The in-laws were here yesterday for our xmas celebration. We had a very nice day, and the girls were thrilled to get to open presents, of course. We typically go to the Rotary Gardens light show with them, but it was cancelled yesterday due to the extreme cold. We stayed in and ate jambalaya, which I made at Dej's request. It's her favorite and a good winter meal.

The next three days are going to be crazy busy, and I'm already very tired and trying not to panic. For that reason, I will be brief tonight.

Saturday night we had a very productive date night. We had to run out to Target to pick up a few last minute items. We came home and enjoyed a rare splurge--our stuffed Tofurkey loaf. After that, we wrapped the kids' gifts. It is very nice to at least have the majority of the wrapping out of the way. We cut way back on gifts this year (not that we've ever given huge elaborate gifts), and realized that yet another benefit of a smaller xmas is less wrapping for us. Total bonus, as we both loathe wrapping. I did indulge in one wasteful, pointless item at Target, which I will share with you. They had a little reindeer costume for cats, and I tried to walk away from it; I really did, but I just couldn't. We've gotten a few pictures of some of the cats modeling it, but I haven't had time to dress each one up and take a good picture yet. I will, though, before this weekend. I care for them and love them every day and will continue to do so for the rest of their lives, so the least they can do for me is sit there in a reindeer costume for five minutes so I can snap some photos!

Petey

Ivan


Tica









No comments :