Sunday, December 07, 2008

Okay, now I'm really back






















Just when I start feeling up to opening the computer and blogging again, our router decided to die. It's been going for a while, but we of course try to limp everything along to get as much use as possible. So once the router crapped out, we lost Internet of course. It's been hard. I finally had to give in and get dressed in real clothes to go out and pick up a new router. Our first date night in a long time consisted of running out to Best Buy to pick up a router, coming home and getting it configured, and then watching Netflix videos while I whined about my pain. We should be set for a few years again now. H. informed me today that he likes our new router better, because it looks 'high tech and stuff'.




















Friday night we had a B-D family craft night, trying to get into the holiday spirit. We decorated chipboard (thick, stiff, cardboard) birds to hang up on the garland in the living room/dining room doorway. M. was being a party pooper and didn't decorate a bird with us. He hung out by the fire and kept that going. My parents each made one, L. made one, H. made one, Dej made one, and I made one. We used different color themes on each side of the bird, as one side will face the living room and the other will face the dining room. I think we all enjoyed ourselves.


















































































We finally got our tree up today. For the first year in, well ever, I think, I didn't have to put the tree together and do all of the god awful arranging and fluffing of branches. M. put it together and L & H helped him with arranging. M. put on the lights as always. Also for the first year, I didn't do most of the decorating. L. & H. put the flowers and most of the ornaments on the tree. I was so proud of myself for not ruining their decorating fun. L. came up with a decorating 'game'--throwing the flowers, as if they were darts, into the tree. They had lots of fun with that, and all the flowers made it through intact. They got bored with putting ornaments up after only about 60% of the ornaments were up (couldn't really throw those onto the tree like the florals), so I did the remainder, and then put up the pearl garland and ribbons. It definitely looks a little different than it usually does, but the kids had fun and are very happy with the way it looks. It will look totally different by the end of the season anyway, as we repair and redecorate every morning to counteract the cats' nightly damage.







Luciana carries Tica in her 'sling', showing her all the new xmas decorations.

No comments :