Friday, January 08, 2010

I'm Down with OPP

Yesterday L came downstairs wearing a tank top and miniskirt (which was actually an old dance skirt from Dej. Since we were home schooling all day, I let it go until it was time to leave the house and go to my parents' for dinner. I sent her upstairs to get weather-appropriate clothing on. This is how she came down. She added thigh-high socks and boots and claimed it was perfectly weather appropriate. It was 17 degrees and snowing.

We've had a fairly busy day today, filled with homeschooling, taking the dogs swimming, and taking Oliver to the vet. He had a sore, which of course has to be not just a sore but an auto-immune thing which I can't remember. He got a steroid shot today and a 2-week round of antibiotics. He may have to go every three weeks for a steroid shot. We'll see. I'm pretty sure he will, because that's the most expensive option and my animals always find ways to spend my money!

Tonight we are staying in having a quiet family night. I will get to join my family after I spend a couple of hours cleaning & feeding the herbivore room. I, out of habit, have always called it the birdroom, but herbivore room is a more accurate title. I don't want to leave out the rabbits, guinea pigs or gerbil, and herbivore covers all of the residents. Well, crap, sort of. I guess the three doves aren't technically herbivores, as they eat bugs/worms. But they eat an herbivore diet here, so I guess that's still good.

M & L are having fun playing Prof. Layton and the Diabolical Box on her Nintendo DS. It's a very challenging educational game, and she loves it. I'm happy to let her play that! So far, we haven't had any problems with overusing it or displacing reading, drawing, or other activities for it. We haven't even had to put limits on it yet. I'm quite happy about that and pleasantly surprised by her moderate, mature usage.

Here's Tica in a Tutu, just because she's so damn cute!

No comments :