Sunday, April 22, 2012

Art!

L has been very busy with various pieces/media lately.   She spends, probably 4-6 hours a day working on her art.  I found these two sketches and took pics before they disappear into the pile to not be shared, and she gave me permission to post them.  (I generally check with her before I post any of her art or photos of her.)



L was quite sick for a few weeks.  She was very miserable and very brave.  She's mostly recovered now.  We got Dej & Russ a beautiful piece of art as a housewarming gift.  They selected a unique sculpture by Allegrea S.B. Rosenberg.  (I will post pics of that another time.)  The piece below "Cherry Melange" is now hanging on L's bedroom wall.  Her favorite flower is the cherry blossom.  She just loves those, and she loved this piece, which was among those D&R had to choose.  This piece is full of little surprises and lots of unique and varied textures.  The frame is gorgeous, too.  It is fun and makes us happy to look at it.


Allegrea shocked me last week when I saw her carrying this giant object up my driveway.  This piece is called "Music of our Mothers", and I have been in love with it since the first time I saw it.  I have visited it through the years, in various galleries and shows, and now it is hanging in my living room.  It is so much more beautiful than is possible to show in a photo.  There are 100's of tiny details in many layers and textures, and none of them are captured in these photos--the iridescence makes photographing difficult, but I'll keep trying.  It is a different picture every time you look at it.  It looks like it was made for that spot in that room, and we all love it!  I feel very lucky to have such a talented and generous friend.  :)




No comments :