Monday, April 02, 2012

Healthy!

I spent $15 over my winter break, and it may have been the best money I ever spent (or at least in the top five). I bought this e-book by a science teacher/science curriculum developer: The Reality of Weightloss. I have used many of her materials through the years and respect her brain; (I do not know her personally). She has huge portions of the book available on her website to read for free. I was very impressed with the free material and had to order the full book immediately. I read it in one sitting and was blown away by how absolutely right and how perfectly logical everything in the book was.

The one thing I read in the free preview of the book that I didn't think would hold true was her assertion that your body would crave exercise. I laughed aloud thinking her body may work that way, but there's no way that mine will. I was then shocked to find that, after a few weeks of my regular workouts, I started to notice that I was actually tense and really craving some kind of physical movement on my one day off each week. There are many nights that I'm tired and don't feel like I can make it through the workout, but my body still seems to crave it enough that it propels me through it. She was totally right!!

I am so short on time these days, that I wasn't initially sure how I would manage to squeeze a 45-min. workout into my schedule. The more I contemplated, I realized that if many, many well-educated, knowledgeable people told me that if I took a high-powered 45 minute nap every day I would feel 15-20 years younger, I guarantee that I would find a way to wrangle that into my schedule. Funny then, that I couldn't seem to find the same amount of time if it was for a workout.

Everything fell into place. I decided to make some serious life changes, because I was so fed up with my body and my energy level. I have cut out all crap food. I eat mostly veggies and fruits, with some grains and (vegan) proteins thrown in. Probably more importantly, I exercise at least 45 minutes per day six days per week.

I feel absolutely fantastic! My body has changed completely.  My energy levels have increased a lot, I feel healthier all the way around, I feel strong, much younger, and I've lost 26 pounds with seven left to go.

No comments :