Sunday, November 11, 2012

Samarpanam


Our run of animal illnesses has continued with a return of Womble's recurrent respiratory issues, and Charlie (cat) developing his first round of urinary problems.  Womble's newest round of antibiotics hasn't helped.  We are running a cool-mist vaporizer for him and hoping desperately that it helps.  Charlie got some good pain drugs, antibiotics, and an anti-spasmodic for his bladder, and he seems to be doing well.

I have to show off the newest piece of art I got for my birthday.  Luce made this for me, and I love it.

We spent the day at Luce's performance.  Today's show was a fundraiser for the Sikh temple victims' relief fund.  The show was a mix of dance, vocal, and instrumental performances.  It was a great show with some enjoyable performances, but I was a bit stressed by all the hours of work I wasn't able to get done today.  I was quite surprised and impressed when the emcee made a point to mention that today was veterans day (in the U.S.), and that we should take a moment to remember the sacrifices made for us.  I would really have like to see better attendance--particularly more Americans.


L was in a bit of a sour mood after the performance.  There was a slight mix up with their piece, and that makes her very angry and foul when the performance isn't perfect.  Her face in the photos show just how she felt about taking pictures.  It was the first time she had performed this piece, Pushpanjali.  Next weekend will be another short/busy one, with a Diwali performance on Saturday.


No comments :