Saturday, August 01, 2020

Sweet Saturday

I spent the day outside weeding the front garden today.  It's almost done!  It was a great day for yard work.  Mark even came out and joined me for a bit.  My mom was out for a walk and stopped to chat with us as we gardened, and it was a nice (socially distant) visit.

Silas ran on his walk tonight for the first time.  No video, because we were all running together. :)  I'm thrilled with his progress.


I took this shot of the five of our 34 birds tonight when tucking them into bed for the night.  They were really loud and rambunctious today.  I could hear the cockatiels singing loudly the whole time I was gardening in the front (and none of the windows were open).  From L-R, T-B, Rizzy, Ada Lovelace, Dawkins (Rizzy loves Dawkins and follows him everywhere and always sleeps near him, though he mostly ignores here), Anais, and August.

Yesterday I mentioned that I made Mac & Cheese, and I feel like I should share the recipe. It's hands-down the best mac & cheese I've ever eaten.  It's so good.  I make the cheese on it's own and use it for a variety of things.  I could really just eat it with a spoon.  I make the following modifications to the recipe:
  • I use red lentil pasta (it's our favorite)
  • I make a double recipe of the cheese and use 1.5 times the amount called for in mac & cheese (you can't have too much of this cheese), then freeze the rest, so I have some to add to nachos
  • I double the topping called for, and since I usually don't have pepitas on hand, I use all walnuts or mix walnuts and almonds.
Mark too these shots of Bea & Silas out sunning on the deck. The go out several times a day to enjoy the sunshine and warm deck.


 

No comments :