Friday, July 27, 2007

Meh

That kind of sums up today. Nothing bad in particular, but nothing of note either. Menstrual cramps are kickin' my ass--it's going to be a loooong weekend, as it seems to be a particularly viciously painful month.

Today was Ls last day of summer school (yea for me!! I miss her on Thurs. & Fri.). She really liked her Spanish class, but phy. ed. and magic didn't go so well. Her Magic teacher normally teaches middle school and tends to be alittle grumpy with the younger children. Her phy. ed. teacher was very pregnant and very uninterested in working with/interacting with the children. And, the bitch made a funny face about L being home schooled. Yeah--it's the fact that 2 out of every 3 teachers are sour, judgmental bitches like her that contributes to our decision to educate our child at home. She enjoyed swim, too, and really made some progress the last two weeks.

I'm playing peek-a-boo with my precious little boy kitten right now. Both of them love to hide behind the laptop's monitor and play peek with me. They also love to sneak a little paw around and try to grab my fingers while I type. My little girl is trying to pounce on her shadow--oops--she just decided to join in the peek game. Harley just found the jar of treats up on my dresser and is acting like Baxter. She's already had plenty, but she keeps looking at me, talking, and rubbing her face on the jars. The other cats have all left the room. When I bring these guys into our bedroom every night for some playtime in a different environment, all five boys get the hell out ASAP. They don't like Harley's wantonly aggressive hitting on them. Poor Jasper stayed in tonight and tried to hide under the bed. She found him, and he came tearing over to me with the, "Mom, help!" look, so I opened the door for him and let him out. We can't get her spayed until every last bit of milk has dried up. There's still a little bit left, so we're stuck with the horny kitty for a little bit longer. UGH! I especially enjoy her latest habit of, every morning from around 3:30 am - 6:00 am, when she repeatedly flings her body against her closed bedroom door. I haven't had much sleep this week.

Ds 17th birthday was technically Wednesday, but we are celebrating it Sunday. The grandparents will all come over and she will get gifts and go to her choice of restaurant. We didn't want to just ignore the real day, though, so she got to pick a restaurant to go to, and she chose Cozumel. The food was good, and the young waiters all stared at/liked D. She is quite a hottie, so as long as they are under 20, who can blame them. ;) Over 20, well, then they are just perverts and will get at the very least, the hairy eyeball from me. (I'm not really sure what the origin or meaning of that phrase is, but my girlfriend, Orinda, uses it. It somehow conveys that it is a look that you REALLY don't want to get, and its strangely repulsive, yet fun to say.) We gave her part of her gift Weds. (cash), but she will get the big gift Sunday. Can't believe she's 17! She's certainly done a lot of celebrating this week!

ik5555555555555555555555555555km,,,,,,,,,,,jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

^^^^^I left my keyboard unattended for a minute, and my little girl kitten typed the line above. It's her first 'written' word, so I'm leaving it here for posterity.

Ls asleep now, so I'm free to go downstairs and visit (briefly) with my husband before he falls asleep. We have to work at Garden Walk tomorrow, go to the follow-up party (which is totally not a real "party" but more a required work function), and then we get date night. It will be a pretty long, busy day, so date night may end up pretty low key.

No comments :