Sunday, July 22, 2007

We're baaa-aack!





























We all made it back from vacation alive and even speaking to each other! We had a wonderful time! We were all so happy to get back to our babies, but not to the reality of work, chores, and getting ready to return to work. :( Dej came down with a cold the last couple of days of vacation, which really sucked. Luce and I are a day or two behind her with the cold. Mark seems okay but did mention that he has a sore throat today. Our critters are all happy and healthy, except for Daisy, who seems to be under the weather. We'll see how she is tomorrow--we may need to make another trip to the vet. I really hope not, as we would like to get Harley spayed this week, so we don't have to listen to her god-awful yelling any longer. The kittens have grown so much! They can jump higher and get into more trouble than they could when we left.

We camped at Copper Falls, up near Ashland. It was a beautiful park, and we had a very nice campsite. The best part of the whole trip for me was the girls spending time together and actually getting along (most of the time). Because our camping location was so far, we broke up the trip by stopping at a hotel/water park for one night on the way up and one night on the way back (different hotels, though). We had great day-time hiking weather during the camping portion of the trip. It never got over 88 during the day. It did get pretty cold at night--especially our last two nights. It was in the 40's. We were comfy in our sleeping bags in the tent but froze whenever we got out of them. There were lots of water falls, which satisify my happy camper requirement and many, many trails. Luciana got to see and catch man turtles and frogs, which are her requirements considering a camping trip fun. We even squeezed in a day where we did some shopping (Dej's happy camper requirement). As far as family camping trips go, this was nearly perfect (we really could have lived without the colds!!). We need to catch up on sleep and wade through our responsibilities that so nicely waited for us now. The return from vacation is always so painful. I will probably filter through the pictures and post a couple a day from our trip for a few days. I have the pics from my camera and the girls' uploaded, but don't yet have Marks. Once I get everything sorted and cleaned up, I will work on getting them uploaded to flickr.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!! the waterfalls are beautiful!! and I can't believe how close Lucianna got to the deer!! I am so happy for you that you guys had such a great time. I can't wait for my belated thursday tattoo story though.haha. I can't wait to see more vacation pics either!! how do you decide where to go camping word from friends or what?? oh don't get me wrong I won't be inviting myself to go by any means did enough of that with girl scouts and uhm camping to me in the living room couch!! haha

VeganMom said...

It was absolutely gorgeous! There were tons of great waterfalls! It was a great park. Mark plans the vacations out. It's a hobby. He researches for months, decides where we will camp, plans out the route, hotel stays, etc. I don't generally know much about where we are going until it's time to pack and get food. He does a really good job with the planning and picking locations. I don't think I would like camping either if I had to go with a group of kids that weren't mine! You need to go on your own--maybe you and the hubby, a few kids. :P