Tuesday, October 23, 2007

And the reason we went on a second date is...

Well, I'll try to keep this simple, but we still disagree on when our first date actually occurred. We went out for lunch and somehow got on the topic of tattoos. Mark said he had five, but I didn't believe him. He definitely didn't look like the type of guy that would have five tattoos. Obviously, I was wrong (hey, it happens to everyone ONCE ;P ). He was telling me what they were (I wasn't yet able to see them) and said that he had a scorpion on his left shoulder. I asked if he was a scorpio (that would have been a deal breaker for me--one scorpio in a relationship is MORE than enough!), and he said he was a sagittarius. I totally didn't believe him then, because why the hell would someone get a scorpio tattoo if they were not a scorpion? With Mark's sense of humor, it's a safe bet to assume he's messing with you until he proves differently. He finally convinced me that he was indeed serious and really had a scorpion. He had always loved scorpions and had even had a "pet" scorpion in college. He also loved the band, The Scorpions. Since I also had a scorpio tattoo and I am a scorpio, I took that as a sign that he was worth further investigation. The rest is history--a history that you will get two completely different versions of if you were to ask each of us. Mine is the correct version. ;P

Dej did very well this weekend at her debate meet. She and her partner took 3rd place (of 19 teams competing) and went undefeated for all three rounds.

I got to visit Sweetie , who is now Callie, tonight. She's one of the foster cats I placed a few months ago. It was GREAT to see her looking happy and healthy. We cuddled for quite a while tonight. I'm pretty sure she remembered me and was happy to see me, too. She wasn't at all trepidatious about me invading her space and trilled the minute she saw me walk through the door. I had forgotten how incredibly cute she is! It was wonderful to be able to spend time with her!

Mark just walked in from a presentation at UW Madison. I haven't seen him since our walk at 6:00 this morning, so I'm off. Oh, I do have to say that Venus has been just gorgeous at 6:00 am when we go for our dog walk. If you get up early, it's worth stepping outside for. It's very big and bright right now!

No comments :