Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dog & Cat homes desperately needed!

After a very, very long Tuesday, I am finally home and have a few minutes to relax. Dej is at her boyfriend's (back with Brandon), Mark is teaching in Madison tonight (we passed on I90, like two ships in the night), and L. is in bed (her own!!). I fed the inside critters and the outside critters. I gave them some extra food tonight, as I have been, because it's so very cold. They need all the body fat they can get! One of our ferals is safe and warm for now, but we still have two in Beloit and one near my house that we need to catch and get care for. The girl we caught already was in bad shape, but she's improving already. She is old and has proven to be extremely sweet and cuddly. She used to be a pet, the poor thing. I really, really want to find a loving home, so the poor precious girl can enjoy her last few years, after all the suffering she's been through. We also have a dog--a very sweet, completely non-aggressive sheltie mix, who was abused HORRIBLY. He's about three years old and about 40 pounds. He's great with people, other dogs and cats. If you know of anyone who would be interested, PLEASE contact me.


As I sit here eating a quick snack, as I don't have time for dinner on Tuesdays, my cats are watching me like the little beggars (vultures) they are. Baxter has acquired the absolute cutest habit lately. I've never seen anything like it. Whenever I eat something he is interested in, he of course stares soulfully at me, but he's added the killer touch. He turns his head to the side in a very, very cute way, opens his mouth and "bites" the food with me, then proceeds to "chew" the food with me. It takes all the restraint I can muster to not just hand him whatever he wants when he does that. I have to get a video of it, because words absolutely do not do it justice. I've had him for years, but he never started this until 3-4 weeks ago.

While doing a "clean room" inspection in Dej's room, I was able to take photos of a couple of her works of art. One is a painting that she did a while ago, but I've always loved it. It's extremely detailed, which is hard to see in this photo. It's a great meditation tool for chakra alignment, as it depicts all seven chakras. The other is a sketch that she's working on. It's not nearly complete yet, but it's good. I don't get this kind of art and wouldn't particularly enjoy looking at it on my wall, but it's very well executed. It's quite a strange piece, coming from a girl raised in an extremely anti-violent environment.

No comments :