Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Random Tuesday

As I was teaching class tonight and talking about bullet-pointed and numbered lists, I realize that I really love lists. I have always been a list person. I also like alliteration, so it would be much better for me if today started with an 'L', so I could have an alliterative title. I'll work on this, though.

  • I should be reading to my daughter right now, but she's chattering away to her Grandma Carolyn on the phone. We will have to pry the phone away from her.

  • I spent nearly eight hours today working on user documentation. Ick. I'd rather write code.

  • The lunar eclipse last week was beautiful. We started watching it outside with binoculars, but it was really cold! We moved upstairs to L.'s bedroom, where we could lie in her bed and watch it out her window. The moon was much redder with binoculars than without.

  • I almost forgot one of the high points of our Body Worlds experience last week. During the Human Body Imax, when they were talking about reproduction, they showed a screenful of sperm (while playing the song, "Let's Get It On"). L. announced to all in the vicinity, "Oh, I like little sperms!" One of those moments where you laugh inside and concertedly avoid eye contact with those around, who were no doubt looking at us.

  • South Africa has lifted the elephant killing laws, so they can now kill elephants. I'm beyond sick about this! Along these lines, a really good book about elephants is, "When Elephants Weep" by Jeffrey Moussaief Masson. He has written some other books, too. I read the one about dogs, but not the others. I own the Elephants book, though and would be happy to loan it out. It's extremely interesting.

  • Elijah (my brother's littlest one) is a very entertaining ham, who loves to sing 80's tunes. My brother has been extremely remiss however, in that the boy knows not a single Prince tune! No "When Doves Cry", "Purple Rain", "Let's Go Crazy", "1999"--nothing! That is an egregious oversight on his part, I'm sure.

  • My cats love the American Girl doll beds that my Dad made for L. for xmas! L. used some of her fabric (that we will be using to make bedding) to make canopies, and the cats love to sleep in the beds and also play on them. There are frequently two at a time in them. This is Baxter, enjoying a quiet nap.

No comments :