Saturday, March 01, 2008

Dad, make a lie.


Just heard that from the dining room. L & H have been in there with their electronic circuitry stuff, building for quite a while now. After they littered the entire living room floor with the structures they built out of wood, they moved on to the dining room. They started out by combining the equipment from two different kits to make their own super creations. They actually came up with some working stuff on their own. Then they browsed the book of possibilities and found that they could create a lie detector machine. So far the questions have been of a certain nature: "Have you ever pooped your pants?" <*giggle, giggle, giggle*>, "Have you ever farted in someone's face? <*giggle, giggle, giggle*>". They are now trying to use the machine on the cats. Alrighty then. They've been playing at FULL volume since about 3:30 this afternoon. They laugh so hard, so much. I'm very jealous of the children. I can't think of anything in my adult life that has made me have so much fun and laugh for hours on end. I would love the ability to be that happy and enjoy life half as much as L. does!

Mark was presenting at a seminar-type thing all day again, so I've been in the house with the girls all day. I've had a crappy cold virus since Weds., and I'm still not feeling well, so a quiet day in the house was probably good for me. It takes a full day Sat. to get next week's homeschool lessons done and get my grading done. It makes for a real bummer of a Saturday, but at least it's done now! From about this point in the year until around October, I'm a "garden" widow again. The joys of being married to a workaholic.

Last night, while M. slept, I watched "10 Questions for the Dalai Lama". I hadn't heard of it before, but M. put it in our Netflix queue, and it showed up this week. What an amazing documentary! I'm so glad that I watched it. I watched it again this afternoon (while I graded) with the girls. I don't know how anyone could watch this and NOT walk away a better person. I also don't know how anyone could watch this and NOT walk away with spitting fury at China. Of course that is totally against H.H.D.L.'s beliefs and wishes, but clearly, I am not the saint that he is. I so wish I could be the person he is, but I've failed so far. I guess I'm stuck in angry warrior mode, and I think I would be complacent without the healthy dose of rage I carry around. I would love to be able to talk to HHDL for 45 minutes (like the guy in the movie). I really, really recommend this movie. It's another one that has life-changing potential! It's certainly worth the time and money to rent!

LOST is still the best show ever! This week's epi was infinitely better than last week's. I'm loving the science stuff and have had lots of fun the past few days on the boards reading and researching theories. It seems I'm the only uber-cynical woman in America who isn't gaga and melting over the Desmond/Penny love story. I'm thinking, "Enough of the romance crap! Let's get back to the good stuff!" Then I see all the women on the boards talking about weeping during the Des/Penny stuff. OMG! I'm just too much of a realist to be bothered with romance. Of the two options, time travel through wormholes and soulmates with a life-saving love, I find the time travel WAY more realistic than the sappy love!

I wasn't planning to be done yet, but I have to. My husband is sitting next to me with his laptop, watching You Tube clips showing the idiocy of the Buffoon that is our current president. He has now taken a quantum leap to the Baby Jesus prayer from Talladega Nights. Not a great movie, but a really funny scene--"dear tiny infant Jesus in your golden fleece diapers". The lures of You Tube is proving much too powerful for me to fight. Oh yeah, and once we get the kids settled in for the night, we get to re-watch our Thursday's LOST episode. So many more details to catch! I made some delicious (vegan, of course) dark chocolate candy this week that is calling my name. LOST and dark chocolate--now that is truly Shambala! Oh my...M's playing Borat clips on Y.T. now; he's really pulled out the big guns! Must go...

No comments :