Friday, March 14, 2008

For Tibet


And because this week just hasn't been great, we could all use a reminder of how important compassion is. This is a shot taken (through glass, unfortunately) at the Kenosha Museum last week. It's a beautiful representation of Kwon Yin (goddess of compassion). Notice the detailed and lovely enameling on her. I would love to have her in my living room. Which reminds me that I need to dig my own Kwon Yin (not nearly this beautiful) out of storage and get her back on my mantle. She's with my smudging supplies at my parents'--and I haven't gotten that stuff yet either.
I baked a batch of chocolate-mint cupcakes tonight that I haven't yet sampled. They're pretty, and hopefully will taste good, too. I am planning to make a few dozen on Sunday to take to work on Monday for the St. Patrick's Day Feast. I totally do not get into St. Patrick's Day, as I don't want to have anything to do with anything associated with the Catholic church, the biggest source of evil, greed, and murder in world history. But they decided at work that we should have a Feast of the Green for the IT Dept., where everyone has to wear green and bring food. UGH! There's just not a graceful way to get out of it, so I'm baking cupcakes.

Luciana went to see, "Horton Hears a Hoo" tonight, with her friend Delany for Delany's birthday. She's a sweet little girl from our homeschooling group. While L. was at the movie, Hunter called and asked if he could come over even though she's not home, so he came over and chatted with me and played with the cats until L. returned.
I got very upsetting news this week--my cousin/friend, who I love and miss very much, was burglarized this week. She and her husband have five children and have worked extremely hard for everything they have. Some drug-addled, lazy loser felt that their selfish, worthless desires were more important than the needs of a hard-working family, and violated them. God I hate the weak drug addicts. I cannot find compassion for people who make such selfish choices and victimize everyone they come in contact with. Some people are just too weak to live with the rest of us. Sorry for the side rant here, but I am so fed up with people like that destroying the world for those of us who aren't weak and worthless. Fortunately my cousin and family are okay and they still have each other and lots of love, but damn it, I'm angry beyond words about this. The police being what they are, will never solve the crime--I have no doubt. They don't do much but pursue things like traffic stops, that will generate revenue for them. Solving crimes and actually hunting criminals is hard work and doesn't directly generate revenue, so they don't seem very interested in doing things like this. I feel very helpless and wish I could do something for them. The whole thing just sucks!
We loved LOST last night! As always they answered lots of questions but introduced so many more. L. is in bed (not sleeping, but in bed) and D. just got home from work and is getting ready to go out with some friends, so we are going to re-watch last night's LOST and try to catch some more clues and insights.

No comments :