Saturday, December 04, 2010

Snow!

I was copying Luciana's uploaded photos to her network drive, and I noticed this that she took of her room. It's clean-ish for her. To the right of her bed are the triple-bunk American Girl doll beds my dad built for L. She doesn't use it for AG dolls much anymore. Partly because she's not into playing with her AG dolls at this point in time, but mostly because the cats have taken over. Notice Tica peeking out from her sleeping bunk (the middle one). She sleeps there almost every night. She loves that spot. She allows Charlie to sleep on the top or bottom bunk sometimes. Though she's only a third of his size, she runs the show.

Because the first fall wasn't quite ridiculousness or painful enough, I decided to do it again. This time my right knee took the hit and is quite sore and swollen, though intact. I had a migraine for much of the week, got sad news about a family member (one who I actually care about), and had my debit card eaten by a faulty piece of shit ATM (at Commercial Bank in Jvl. DON'T GO THERE! Their equipment is old and shitty and they don't support it or the customers). Everything came to a perfect storm Thurs., and I had to cry for most of the day. I'm starting to rally a bit now.

I am anxiously awaiting the day I can sleep on my left side again. That's my normal sleep position, and the only one in which I am able to sleep comfortably. I can't lie on that side right now, though, because the pain is still too great. Even after pounding down a trazadone for sleep and a cyclobenzaprine for pain, I still awaken with a jolt anytime I roll to the left in my sleep (which is often, apparently). I don't think I've had a decent night of sleep since the first fall.

The big winter light show started this weekend, which means M is working tonight. It's awesome that they got both snow and decent weather for the show. Those both help improve attendance. He will be working the show many nights this month, so we won't see much of him for awhile (again).

I got all of my Saturday chores done. L is finishing up a little project she's working on in her closet. As soon as she finishes up, I'm off to go do something with her. I think she's going to sleep well tonight, because she and Hunter played outside in the snow for hours and hours today. They had a blast and were SO cute. I was trying to get my chores done, and didn't make it in time to take pics of them. At one point I looked out the window, and Hunter was riding a little big-wheels-type trike through the snow in the backyard. Okay.

I found my beautiful, very old cockatiel, Lexi, dead when I went in to do the herbivore room cleaning. I'm still sick about it. She was fine last night--no indication of illness--and enjoying her greens. She died at some point during the night, so I wasn't with her. Her lifelong partner, Rex, died several years ago. She and Darwin were just starting to pair bond fairly recently. I hope he was with her. I've been weepy and sick all day, thinking about my poor old girl dying alone. That bothers me so much! We've been lucky to have her as long as we have! I will miss her adorable little bald head so much!

I thought I would have much more time to blog, but L needs my help to finish up her project, and then she owns me after that. We'll be doing something (she hasn't yet decided what) fun and girly.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Is the family member close to me(V)or is this another one that I haven't heard about yet?

VeganMom said...

Yes, it's V. It really sucks a lot.

Anonymous said...

was wondering how long it would take to get through to the family.. lol just another thing on the list why I am glad I am who I am!!! I never have thursday or friday off but if and when I do I will give ya a quick buzz. Miss ya girl!!