Wednesday, February 16, 2011

WI republicans...let the games begin

Because I wasn't thinking, I didn't bring my camera along today, and I'm so disappointed in myself. I snapped this with my cell phone. I spent the afternoon up at the Capital enjoying some solidarity with my fellow union members and intelligent citizens of WI. It was envigorating, and there were many, many awesome signs. The tragedy is that I don't have photos of some of the winners to share. It was so much fun, but I also stupidly wore shoes that are definitely NOT good walking shoes and am so paying for that tonight.


I met some friends there and ran into many other old friends. It was great to see so many people there! L and I are going back tomorrow. Can't wait.

While we were marching, chanting, and waiting for the revolution to get started, Scott Walker, the worthless pussy, was hiding in an undisclosed location in Juneau. Typical. I have no doubt if he had been anywhere on the premises, he would no longer be in existence, which is exactly the way things need to be.

I wish I could wear/carry signs everywhere I go in my day to day life. Since I can't, and since republicans are so goddamn stupid they are unable to figure out even the obvious, let me lay this out in very clear terms. I will be polite and mannerly until I am in an appropriate situation to behave otherwise, but don't mistake my civility for affection. Because my close friends are all intelligent, educated (formally or otherwise), and compassionate, I know that none of them voted for Walker. As for the rest of you, I don't know who voted how, but know this about me. If you voted republican in the last election, particularly for Walker, you sicken me. You have betrayed me, my children, and millions of other hard-working citizens of our state.

This cluster fuck he's created is not a surprise--he made it very clear that this was his intent well before the election. xI am going back tomorrow, because it is important, and because I want L to be a part of this experience.


Thank you Firefighters of Wisconsin for your support! It will never be forgotten.


People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people. ~V

No comments :