Monday, April 04, 2011

Butterflies!

Well, I optimistically thought that taking a little break would somehow allow me to catch up with life and April would find me with more time on my hands. That has not happened, and realistically I don't see it happening anytime soon, so I'm back and I'll just keep trying to do my best with blogging.

I've accepted a consulting project, which I don't really have time to do but could not turn it down. It involves me writing an fairly complex application for a domain I know nothing about--a luxury marina. I usually prefer to just park my yacht in the driveway ;-), so I'm clueless about docks and slips and things like that. I should say I WAS clueless about it, but I'm learning more and more by the day. It's not often that such an unusual opportunity for learning pops up, and I love learning and love writing databases/applications, so I'm giving up sleep until I finish this project.

Each of my girls completed a butterfly for this year's Rotary Botanical Gardens' art fundraiser (like the flower L painted as a tiger last year). L did hers completely on her own. Completely. She isn't particularly interested in any input or assistance, so we left her alone with the paint she picked out, and she did her own thing. We don't yet have a picture of the back of hers, as it wasn't dry enough when M took the photos. I will provide that at a later date.


Dej worked on hers with Russ (her wonderful man), and they did a phenomenal job. They are both artists and work very well together. The front side of theirs is a mosaic done with stained glass and pearly gems. The back side is just paint.

I have seen many of the other butterflies that have been brought into the gardens, and they are fabulous. I can't wait to see them all up throughout the gardens. I especially can't wait to get the girls' up in our garden (though of course we will have to bid on them at the auction like everyone else).

No comments :