Monday, April 25, 2011

Hunting season

We’ve reached the time of year when I can again wear my wedding rings without them falling off. Now I’m trying to adjust to wearing them again (I don’t wear rings). I put them on this morning, and will be used to them in a few days, but now they feel annoying and I keep messing with them. I know my husband prefers me to wear the rings so I look like a married woman (because I just can't keep the throngs of men away otherwise ;-P ), but I think I would prefer a tattoo 'ring' rather than real ones. I really dislike the feeling of rings on my fingers.


L found more eggs than the others combined (and we even gave them a little help), and she was pretty proud of herself. Since some eggs contain cash and some contain candy, there is some motivation to work for them. We put one egg inside a cat toy, and Carrie noticed it right away and became obsessed with getting it out.

Each of the three found their baskets, sort of. L found hers fairly early in the egg hunt. Dej found Russ’ and thought it was hers, which puzzled me a bit. Both girls have had the same exact baskets since their very first spring, yet somehow Dej didn’t notice her basket was now a yellow chick instead of a pink bunny? She handed the chick over to Russ and went looking for her basket. L found it first, but wouldn’t tell her where it was, so she had to find it on her own (with a hint from me or it could have taken her all day).

The big kids then went back home to nap before the family dinner of stir fry at my parents’ house later. We all met there for a delicious mid-day dinner, followed by my mom’s pineapple orange cake. My parents’ got us all nerf guns. L got a big six shooter, while the rest of us got a single shooter. We were definitely outgunned in the match—we all took her on and she still won. The rest of the afternoon, until we left for home, involved shooting. L proved to be a very good shot (much better than me), and was challenging herself by lying on the floor shooting up at the rotating blades of the ceiling fan. She hit the blades more often than not, again confirming that she did not get her eye-hand coordination from me!

Libby, one of my mom’s cats, loves to play with the little nerf bullets, so she kept an eye on where they landed. She would sometimes pick them up and carry them around in her mouth like little stogies and run off with them and sometimes she used her claws to pick them up and toss them from one hand to the other. She was very cute and entertaining with them. We had already lost a few of the bullets yesterday, but my mom got a package of extras, so we’re good for a while. We haven’t yet played with them at home, so I’m anxious to see which of our cats will be interested, which will be obsessed, and which will be afraid.

No comments :