Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Happy Birthday, Big Guy!

Yesterday I was home in bed with a raging migraine--one of the really nasty ones complete with nausea and vomitting. Our blinds were closed, except one that I always leave up about 3", so the cats can look out over the back yard. I noticed from my bed, that I could see the new birdhouse M put up this weekend. He didn't consult me on the location, and I was a bit puzzled by the somewhat odd spot he chose. In the photo it looks like it is near our back fence, but it's not. It's about 20' away, in the yard.

I watched a sparrow fly back and forth, building a little nest in the house. He then perched on top and sang his little heart out. I hope he attracted a little sparrow hottie and they have some babies! I will be watching daily for developments. I am now very happy with the random spot M chose, as I can lie in bed in the mornings, and watch the activity in the bird house as I try to convince myself that I can indeed haul my fatass out of bed and make it through another day.

There is a lot of activity in the garden--it's a very exciting place this time of year. We haven't yet found any bunny nests, but we are watching. We have to make sure we find the nest before the dogs do!

I took a couple of shots tonight before class. The magnolia is full of buds just starting to open. The peonies are growing very fast and will soon be in bloom. The lilac trees in the back haven't bloomed yet, but I'm anxiously awaiting that heavenly smell.

No comments :