Monday, November 14, 2011

Baby updates

My precious baby mouse passed away in my hand on Saturday night. (He was alive and well in these pictures.)  He had been doing quite well, and was getting very active and spunky.  He had completely taken over my heart!  He was happiest when with me, and would eagerly scramble into my hand whenever available. He loved to nestle his little head in between my first two fingers.  He also fought and grabbed with all four limbs when I tried to deposit him back in his snuggly little bed.   He was suckling well (preferably on the inside of our lips, as he seemed to prefer the softer skin), though it was a little painful when he started testing his teeth out as all little ones do eventually.  He wanted what any other baby wants--NOT to be alone, to be warm, safe, receiving food and affection on a frequent and regular basis.  Saturday afternoon, however, he took an inexplicable turn for the worse.  I miss him terribly and am devastated by the loss.  I feel responsible, as I failed him somehow.  I'm still very sad.



On the positive side, Poppy has continued to thrive and is HUGE and healthy.  She changes tremendously from day to day.  She also loves affection and food.  Her parents don't spend much time cuddling with her now that she can maintain her own body temperature with no problem, though they are feeding her very well.  She loves to come out and snuggle up on my chest and much prefers that to being left alone in her "nest".  These pictures were taken yesterday, and she already looks different today.  Her feathers are growing very fast!

1 comment :

Rose said...

Even the smallest of losses are hard. You most definitely did NOT fail him. Where would he have gone if he did have you!