Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Oops.


I made a mommy error.  L.  has no problem calling me out on such lapses.  She made me a bookmark--two-sided, as seen above.  I thanked her and told her how pretty it was.  She put it next to me while I was working in the kitchen, and I asked if she could please take it back upstairs and put it on my nightstand, because I was worried that it would get wet there.  She said sure and went back upstairs.  

When I made it up to bed in the wee hours of the morning, I found this in my bed.  I wasn't totally sure what it meant, because I wasn't convinced that the "p" was a p.  It's a little off.  I asked her as soon as she got up in the morning why she left me a rejection slip.  She said, "Because that's how I felt when you rejected my bookmark."  8-(  I apologized profusely and explained that I loved it and wanted to keep it safe.  I felt horrible! 

I've reviewed the exchange in my head a hundred times over, and still think she was on the oversensitive side.  I will be extra careful in the future, because even if she is oversensitive (and her age may be a factor; she just turned 12), I don't want her to ever feel that way!  I'm happy that she handled it so quickly and maturely.

No comments :