Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Another late tattoosday..at least I'm consistent ;D

Well I realized at 3:30 this morning that I forgot to do the last (for now anyway) tattoosday entry yesterday. I woke up (again!) at a little after 3:00, after having a bizarre dream about my two front teeth falling out. Dreams are just so weird! In my dream, I was reaching to get something, and something that looked like a tooth fell on the table/dresser(?) in front of me. At first I thought it was a fingernail (again, huh??), but then I noticed it was my front tooth, and the edges of it were black—eeeewwww!! I looked in the mirror and saw that my other front tooth was just hanging there, so I touched it and it came out also. In all of my dream wisdom, I decided that if I put in my retainer (to keep my lip from sinking in where the hole was) and didn’t smile much, maybe nobody would notice until I could get to the dentist. I woke up with two main thoughts. GROSS!! And WTH is wrong with my brain??! I mean really! Apparently I posses no logic whatsoever in my dream life. As absurd as the dream was, it left me with this icky, grossed out feeling that I couldn’t shake, and it took a really long time to get back to sleep. So it was in that wakeless gap that I realized I hadn’t blogged on Tuesday. It’s been a long time since I’ve had one of my horrible nightmare/night terrors and awakened my household with a scream or some other weird noise, so I can’t complain too much. It was a pretty strange dream though. I reminded me a lot of a recurrent dream I used to have for years when I was a teen. I had two birds at that time, and randomly had these dreams that I would be talking to or playing with one of them, and their whole beak would fall off, and they would bleed profusely. I don’t know where that weird dream came from either.

So after the dream, when I realized I needed to get up and go to the bathroom (again!), I began the required extrication process for leaving my bed. I removed Luciana’s arm and leg that were slung over me, gently removed Lila from my left thigh where she was sound asleep, slowly and gently slipped my left ankle out from under Baxter and my right ankle out from under Hallie, and finally—I was free to move. While the other four cats often sleep in our bed, they are content to stretch out near us, not on us. These three are typically on top of me for some or most of the night. Oliver makes it especially fun to sleep, as for whatever reason, he has decided that he can only jump on or off the bed from ONE spot. Unfortunately that spot is on my side of the bed, where my chest is when I’m lying down. Several times a night, he hoists himself up onto the bed, with a little chortling sound, walks his chubby self across my chest, lies down, and then later on, leaves by the same route. He does this whether I’m in bed or not. It drives me crazy, but with cats it’s easier to just accept it than to try to change it.

Alright, on to Mark’s last tattoo. It’s on his left—hmmm, I want to say breast, but I think since he’s manly and all, that I have to refer to it as his pec. It’s a rather cryptic symbol to most people, but I’m sure there are a few isolated nerds throughout the world to whom it is meaningful. ;) He wouldn’t tell me what it meant for the longest, while we were dating. I tried my best to identify it by looking on the Internet, but it’s kind of hard to search for a cryptic symbol in google when you don’t know anything about it. It is the initials of his favorite author, written the way J. R. R. Tolkein wrote them.

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Mark only has 5 tattoo's??

VeganMom said...

Yep. Only five. The sixth one is still on Allegrea's drawing table. I guess I'd better decide on what I want for my 7th before he catches up to me! :D I know WHERE I want it, but I haven't decided yet WHAT I want to get.

Anonymous said...

you have room for another?? haha I know what I want and where I want it but want to wait till I come back to chicago and have my friends hubby do it. I don't want to have it done with someone I don't know!!

VeganMom said...

REALLY???!! Where are you getting it? Are you still going to do the one designed in memory of your dad?

Yeah--definitely go with someone you know and trust. It would suck to have a shitty tat. Sometimes I see people with ink that is so bad and such poor quality--I really feel sorry for them, cuz it's way expensive to fix.