Friday, November 02, 2007

Seems I'm confined to the bedroom today. I'm getting a little stir crazy!! My baby girl woke up at around 7 this morning, radiating heat, crying that her head hurt, and OOPS--vomitting all over the floor. She's spent the day napping between vomitting, and wearing an ice pack on her head for the pain. Since she awoke from her last nap, she's kept down a piece of toast and a small baked potato. She's asking for mashed potatoes for dinner. She says her head is feeling a bit better, so maybe we're on the up side of this already. I keep thinking about my messy house and multitude of things I should be doing, but she definitely wants her mommy to be right next to her cuddling and babying her, and I will never pass that up! I have so few years left of her wanting to cuddle and being taken care of, that the messy house and work can wait!

Hallowe'en went very well--a little rushed, as always, but fun. We went to my mom's for our traditional chili dinner. Orinda dropped Logan & Colton off at 6 to go trick or treating with us. This is Colton's first year going out. We always have Logan with us. This is also the first year that Michael's boys haven't been in town to go. Mark and I set out with L & the boys.. As Colton is only two and it's his first year going, nobody was sure how well he would hold up. No need to worry at all! He walked almost all the way (despite my frequent offers to carry him) and kept right up with "the big kids". He did a great job walking right up to the door and saying "Trick or Treat" loud and clear. He even remembered his "Thank yous" fairly well. He liked the "scary guys", too. We have several adults in the neighborhood who like to dress up, have scary sounds/lights, etc. All three kids did great, had fun, and got lots of candy. I'm so glad they are able to come with us, as it is so much more fun for L. to have friends to go with than to go with just us.

Thursday was a field trip day. We went to Milwaukee in the morning to the Discovery World museum. They had a lot of great technology exhibits that we all enjoyed. Everything was hands-on, so we got to have fun while learning. They also have a very cool aquarium area. L & I could probably stay there for many hours longer than we did, just watching the fish and other cool creatures. We spent the afternoon at the art museum, which was also very educational and fun. I could also have spent a lot more time at the art museum than we did. I like to spend more time looking at some of the pieces than M & L do, so I end up feeling like I rushed through a bit. Some of the art I just LOVE. They had one of my favorite pieces there, Rodin's "The Kiss". It's so beautiful. There are always those sections/areas that I just walk through rolling my eyes--you know, the kind of "art" that is really a joke on shallow, rich people, that everyone gets but them. I only consider something art if I could not create it. It irritates me that some of those silly pieces of crap are in the same building as such masterpieces! I found a great art book in the gift shop that I picked up for art studies with L. It's published by Usborne and is one of their Internet linked books. It's a very good compilation of the major periods in art, and for each period, it provides several good examples of the art, discusses the social/political conditions of the time and how the movement related to that. It will be a lot of fun for both of us. I think we will start working on it after the holidays.

1 comment :

Anthony Marr said...

I hope that Luciana is feeling better today. Tell her I can't wait to see her and Ivan!