Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I love toradol!

I've been down in bed in agony with a migraine that wouldn't respond to anything and an intestinal virus. Just too much fun for one person to have. I finally gave up on winning the migraine battle and had M. take me to urgent care when he got home today, so I could get an injection. The whole process of getting up, going outside, going into urgent care (with all the bright lights and noises), and spending the time there is really unpleasant, especially with a migraine. It was worth it, however, as for the first time in days, I'm not in horrible pain, and I may finally be able to sleep. I went in with a hideous migraine and left 40 minutes later with a happy head and a sore hip. My least favorite place to get an injection is in the hip, as I find it much more painful than any other spot, but it was so worth it to be free of the beastly headache.



Now I'm two days behind on life and have to catch up tomorrow. I'm going to try to relax now as I'm pretty sleepy from the shot. I'll leave you with a cute picture of Touky (female lovebird) and her partner, Sky (male parakeet). They are totally pair bonded and are so cute together. They preen/groom each other, feed each other (and let me tell you, if you haven't been fed by a bird who loves you, you just haven't lived--there's nothing like the loving way they regurgitate their food up to you!), make lots of little nests, and do absolutely everything together.

No comments :