Thursday, September 11, 2008

The vortex of creativity

I've been sucked into the vortex of Luciana's craft area. I'm almost done cleaning and organizing. The child has every type of art/craft supply possible! I get frustrated by the effort involved in trying to clean it. Added to all the supplies are the massive, massive quantities of her various creative endeavors. She certainly gets plenty of use out of it. She's very creative, and of course she wants us to keep every single thing she creates, which is often multiple things per day. It's hard to keep up with, but I'm so glad she enjoys expressing herself in so many different ways. She does a lot of drawing, multimedia art, scrapbook pages, writes and illustrates books, writes songs, makes unique and interesting things out of wood, silicon chips, fabric--you name it, she will create with it. I have one bin of stuff left to sort, organize and put away. She's so excited with how nice and neat her 'new' craft area is, she started creating lots of stuff this morning. She actually put everything away and left it neat when she was finished, which is a huge and encouraging step! Maybe this time it will work!

Okay, so Tuesday night, I eagerly turned on the History Channel and sat down to watch a new Evolve, which looked very interesting. It did not come on. Sand Hogs came on instead. What the hell?! I can't believe anyone watches that crap or the Ice Road Trucker show. Those two seem to be on the History Channel all the time these days. Are there really that many rednecks in this country...nevermind. I know the answer to that one. They owe me an episode of Evolve, though. I'm already disappointed that TLC (which was supposed to be the LEARNING channel) has become almost completely overrun with stupid, uneducational reality shows and given up any pretense of quality programming. I'm afraid to see the History Channel end up the same way.

Glad to hear the super collider is off and running and no end-of-the-world black hole is in sight [TIC]. I am so excited and can't wait until it's at full power! The discovery of the Higgs boson particle is imminent (in terms of a science schedule, meaning years, not days), and I absolutely cannot wait until it's found! There really is nothing more interesting and exciting than science. It's so much better than anything we could make up!

M. had to go straight from working late at the plant sale to Baraboo to give a talk tonight. He won't be home until around 11. Christ on a cracker this gets old! I will never understand why he does this! Since my dad had to go to a visitation tonight and Dej was working, my mom decided to take L. & I to Olive Garden. My penne arrabiata was good--lots of big chunks of garlic, which I love. We rambled through Target for a bit afterward. I was finally able to pick up a little package of darts for our dartboard. Apparently, they only sell darts in the fall/winter, so we had to wait until they were available.

I found this little...hmmm...not sure what to call it--picture, I guess, while sorting through her stacks of papers. I glanced at the top and almost tossed it into recycling, but decided to peek under the stapled paper on top. I'm not sure when she made it, but it's so very her! She's such a wonderful child.

Here is her new 'desk', which is really just a 4 ft. table we had with a little plastic table 'cloth' on top. Ivan has already claimed it for his own. The rest of her craft stuff is stored in bins in a little cupboard-type thing. We have to do that to keep the cats and dogs out of her stuff. The dogs have chewed up many a marker and paint tube that were left within their reach. They rarely do stuff like that anymore, but I did find a chewed up pastel lying on the steps a few months ago. I now know that pastels stain carpeting and couches.

No comments :