Sunday, December 06, 2009

Happy Anniversary, parents!

I kept thinking you'd stop by at some point, as you usually do on Sundays, so I could give you the card. By the time I decided you weren't stopping by, I was too lazy to go back out.

My little sweeties spent 7 hours last night and 3 hours today building and playing with their cat towns. They use a mixture of a couple of sets of plain wooden blocks and scraps of wood that M brings home. The wooden blocks were seriously one of the best 'toy' investments ever. She has enjoyed playing with them since she was a toddler, and has come up with so many creative uses for them.


M has the volunteers at the gardens build trellises and obelisks quite often. They end up with fairly uniform one-inch pieces of wood, of varying lengths. The kids absolutely never get bored with the wood blocks.

They put a lot of thought and creativity into their cat towns, and laugh and giggle most of the time they are playing. I love their creations! It does make it a bit challenging to use the living room, as the towns are generally spread across the whole room. They get pretty pissy when one of our real cats knocks down or bumps any part of the cat town.

L wore one of her new outfits to dance today. Sarita's daughter, Ankita, outgrew some of her clothing, so L inherited some lovely new outfits. Ankita is only 12 but is very tall already. This tunic (that she wore today) is my favorite. I love the colors and design and am so jealous that I can't get one in my size!

As soon as we got to class today, Meenakshi sent me out on an errand for her. While I wasn't thrilled with the act of errand running, I was a bit tickled. I've been co-opted to assist the guru in any way necessary, which indicates that I've been accepted as part of the Kalaanjali family. It's kind of an honor. Now, if I can actually figure out how to tie a Sari without having to take it in for help, I'll be all set. ;)

L selected 'The Waterhorse' for our family movie tonight, so I'm off to watch that. It's a very cute movie, and I don't mind watching it again. Maybe I can get through without crying this time. Probably not.

No comments :