Thursday, May 06, 2010

The Candidate

M is gone at a conference (again!), so L and I are enjoying our girl time. We went to get our hair cut today. I've been fighting with a migraine/headache--I seem to have one or the other--all week long and feel like hell. I wasn't paying attention to her cutting or even when she showed me the finished 'do, and didn't notice until I got home that I wanted it quite a bit shorter. I was paying attention to L's hair but not my own. And because I look like hell, I don't have a picture of my shorter hair, but L's is cute. Hers is about as short as her daddy can handle. It also has to be long enough to pull it all back for dance performances, so this is as short as it will be. She was very clear and detailed about exactly how she wanted it cut.

Our stylist at least refrained from bitching me out for cutting my own bangs (more than once) and randomly chopping off pieces that irritate me, nor for waiting a year in between cuts. I mean to go more regularly, but my hair isn't really a priority. I don't even think about it or really look at it unless it's irritating me somehow. L had to go and open her big mouth, too, and share how I cut her hair last time but couldn't get it even, so it ended up being much shorter than I intended. And because that's not quite bad enough, I had to remind her that we don't use shampoo or any hair product. Gotta wear my freak flag wherever I go!

The weeds are continuing to grow and threatening to take over the garden, and I haven't had the chance to get out there to weed yet. I am realizing that I may have to just admit my defeat and hire someone to weed, at least until I get out of school and can get a little extra time to get out there, or it will be a lost cause for this year. I'm still trying to talk L into doing it for me, and she wasn't going for it at first. Then she ran across something that she wants that is expensive--really expensive, so I reminded her of my offer and how she could earn enough to buy the Wacom tablet that she wants. She's thinking about it, so I'm hoping it all works out well.

Lila, Jasper, Petey, and occasionally Ivan, love to sit on this newel post. They can look out the window, the front door, over the living room--it's quite a prime bit of real estate! Charlie and Basil have been looking at it longingly, and Charlie finally decided to give it a try. He didn't quite reach it the first time. The second time, he got a hold with his front paws, and strained and pulled and finally got his back end up there. He's A LOT bigger and heavier and didn't find it quite as comfy and cozy as the other cats do!

Now I'll get back to my huge list of chores until Dej arrives. She's supposed to be coming over tonight to hang with me, but I never know exactly when she will grace me with her presence. Cthulhu knows, actually sending me a text with her ETA would be much too much for her.

No comments :