Monday, May 31, 2010

Oops! forgot to hit "Publish"

MONDAY
I got all of the containers planted today, so I'm feeling pretty accomplished. My gardens are still full of weeds, but at least I made some progress. L and I also worked hard at washing off and scrubbing the deck. I've been dumping birdfood out there all winter, so the birds, squirrels, and chipmunks could have a safe spot to eat. I see now that it wasn't the best idea, because it was pretty nasty and difficult to get off the deck. I'll have to come up with a better location this winter. The deck looks pretty good now. I'll tackle the patio next!

We had our Memorial Day cookout at my parents', and Dej & Luke joined us until they had to leave for work a bit ago. M is reading/sleeping at the moment. My dad & L are out in the garage, target shooting with a pellet gun. My mom and I are chatting as I type.FRIDAY

SUNDAY
We spent Sunday working on chores and protesting the Zor Shrine Circus, which is an annual event for us. This year was, by far, the most paltry crowd they've ever had. It was embarrassingly empty in the grand stands, which made us giddy! They couldn't have made much of a profit, if any at all! The protest was fairly uneventful, and we had a good group there for both shows.

SATURDAY
We got up early Saturday morning to take Logan back home, as he had to go somewhere quite early. Petey had an early morning appt. with the vet., so we came back, grabbed Petey, and went to the vet. His bladder was too small to get good X-rays, so I have to take him back tomorrow morning to spend the day there getting tests.

L and I came home, cleaned up, and dressed up for an Arrangatram we were attending in Madison that afternoon. One of the dancers from L's Bharatanatyam school was having her on-stage solo debut, which is kind of a graduation from the (very difficult!) dance studies. Lakshmy's performance was wonderful, and L and I are still amazed by her stamina throughout the two-hour long very high-energy performance and her ability to remember so many steps! They had a live orchestra and carnatic vocalists, so the whole performance was very enjoyable.

When we got back to town, M was actually home from work (he comes home every blue moon). I had to try to squeeze in my full day of Saturday chores, which took up a portion of our date night. He's been so tired from working all the time, and I had the chores to finish up, so we just stayed in for date night. It was very uneventful.

FRIDAY
Our friend, Logan, spent Friday evening with us at the air show and then stayed for a sleep over with L. The four of us went to the Friday night show, as it was much cooler than the Saturday or Sunday shows. Because the sun was going down, it wasn't nearly as hot. There is no shade out there anywhere on the airport premises, so it's hard to get comfortable. Evening is definitely the way to go!

We saw the Canadian Snow Angels perform and lots of other planes that I have no clue about. I like how my dad will ask me what kind of plane something is, as if I could really identify more than a color and whether or not it can hold passengers. Some carry people, and some kill people. That sums up my knowledge of planes. They are very cool to watch, though. I like the tricks and the very high risk moves they make and really wish I could go up in the planes to ride along!

The kids liked these two small propeller trick planes (according to my dad; according to me they are red and blue with propellers). One was painted red with flames, and one was painted blue and white. They were called "Fire & Ice". The kids were obsessed with these two planes and tracked them throughout the night, shouting whenever they saw Fire or Ice. When the planes landed, they were right in front of us, so we got to see the pilots step out. The pilot of Fire got out and waved at the kids--that was Logan's favorite, so he was very excited. My favorite moment of the evening was when the pilot stepped out of Ice--L's favorite--it was a woman! A tiny little woman got out of the plane and waved. L and I were really excited about that. It was the only female pilot there (at least that night).

The glow-in-the-dark skydivers were way cool, too. I also wanted to do that.

Here are a couple more pictures from Charlie, modeling the gown L dressed him in.

No comments :