Monday, August 23, 2010

Digital debut

Yesterday was my mom’s birthday, so after we got back to town from dance class, we joined them for a small birthday get-together. L got her a butterfly necklace that my mom admired when they were out shopping last week. She came home right away and told me we had to get back to the store to get that necklace before it's gone. Her big gift from the family was a laptop, so she will be making her mark on the digital landscape.


L is as excited as my mom about it. She couldn’t wait to get online last night so she could IM Grandma (even though we had just returned from her house) and chat with her at night. She loves the idea of being able to chat with Grandma online whenever she wants!

She is also feeling very lofty about being Grandma’s self-appointed Internet/computer tutor. She excited to get to Gma’s house this morning, because she had all kinds of ideas about what she wanted to show/teach Gma.

We’ve entered an exciting new era. :)

The other very exciting thing that happened over the weekend was that our cat house was delivered. They can’t use it yet, as Mike (the contractor) has to come back to put the roof on, and we have to get a pet door for the window later this week. We’re so close, though. I can’t wait! I didn’t expect it to be so nice looking. He painted the wood white and even took the time to put trim on it. It’s much cooler than it was in my head (and it’s SO much better when things turn out that way instead of the reverse!). No pictures until it's completely done and filled with cats!

The dogs are a bit concerned about the new structure and weren’t very happy to go potty with that THING in THEIR yard! They’re adjusting already, though. I think they will be pretty excited to see “their” cats outside by them—especially Jezebel, who is most involved with the cats.

2 comments :

AKM said...

I just found your blog and I hope to catch up soon! However, I just HAD to say something about your dog, or is it your mom's dog? I think we have his twin brother! Our Toby is part Chi and we THINK part Corgi...what is yours?!?!

VeganMom said...

That's my mom's dog, Nala. She was one of our rescues from last summer, and we know she's a pom mix, but have no idea what else is going on in there. We've speculated that there's chi mixed in too, but are not sure. She's an odd little dog who lives to be carried and held like a baby!