Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thank you

A hero has fallen, and it's now our job to provide support. Let's not forget to take care of those risking their lives for the animals by taking direct action! A little background, for those not yet familiar with Walter. He is accused of arson, burning mink farms and other buildings in which animal torture occurs. No humans or animals were in, near, or around any structures, and there were absolutely no injuries. Walter was set up by his own brother, who was contacted by the feds. His own brother betrayed and tried to destroy him. It doesn't get much lower than that.

Here's an outstanding letter, written by Walter. The references to 'Peter' refer to another great hero, the incomparable Peter Young.

“Self Sacrifice is the Price of Admission”: A Letter From Walter Bond
Posted: 11 Aug 2010 07:42 PM PDT

The following is a recent letter from Walter Bond, jailed in Colorado on charges of being the A.L.F. “Lone Wolf”.

Reposted from Thomas Paines Corner.

“Thanks so much for your letter of support. While obviously I cannot talk about my case, the government of the United States will not scare me into submission nor will I be silenced. I have already written to Peter about the day of my arrest as to clear the record and set straight the media’s lies about BBQ’s and what not, so I will not reiterate it here. I let Peter know to share that info with any interested party.

I am facing some very serious charges and allegations at this time and if convicted, sentencing could be quite severe. Nevertheless, I am in good spirits. Having the privilege of being a United States prisoner, I still have it better than most 3rd World people do in their homelands. And nothing they do to me could even come close to the plight of animals.

For my part, I shall never relent in the fight for their total freedom. Any activist that is truly effective at resisting or disrupting these horrible blood trades may face persecution. There is no cause to despair in any of this. When you are trying to change the status quo, self-sacrifice is the price of admission.

In the end our cause will win. Either humanity will perish after having ruined the biosphere and our Mother Earth will heal and continue without us or those who profess to be Earth and animal warriors will prove it and change the current of world history, as so many social justice movements before us have done.

However, we will not win simply because we are right. Progress only occurs because of courage and confrontation.

Feel free to share this letter with any interested party, in whole or in part. I hope to hear from you soon. I can receive literature and media (news articles, etc), but only printed from the computer. No newspaper clippings, magazines, etc. I forgot to mention that to Peter. If you could pass that along I would appreciate it. Also, any monetary support would be much appreciated as well.

Regards,Walter Bond

After being denied bail, Walter Bond will likely remain in Jefferson County Jail (Golden, CO) until his trial. Write Walter Bond a letter of support:

Walter Edmund Bond
PO Box 16700
Golden, CO 80402-6700

No comments :