Saturday, October 02, 2010

Tilonque

Tilonque is the lead character in L's newest wolf story. These are the latest drawings she's hung up in the family room downstairs.

M is out of town until tomorrow, attending his cousin's wedding. That leaves me home with L & H to get all of the weekend chores done. I've been working on them since this morning and finally have enough done that I can take a little break. It's such a huge ordeal for us to all go out of town, especially on a weekend. We have to inconvenience people to help care for the animals, and still have to try to figure out when we can get the cleaning all done. Between that and Anthony still being here, it was just not possible for all of us to go.

Though I like his cousin and her family well enough, I really don't think I would have gone had we not had the animal issues. I will not go into a Catholic church for any reason, and it was a Catholic wedding. I don't see me entering any church, for any reason, ever again. Life is too short to spend even a minute in such an insane, destructive environment! I have also recently come to the decision that I will not attend any parties/events where I have to watch humans callously suck down the flesh of living beings. It disgusts me, and I have held my breath and diverted my eyes from their disgusting corpse eating enough for a lifetime. I'm done with it. That would also be an issue there.

M attended because he is much more concerned with what others think of him than I am. It's quite freeing not to care about how most folks perceive me. I'm perfectly okay with any ugly opinions those I don't respect may hold about me.

L & H have been working furiously on rearranging L's bedroom furniture. The whole second floor is looking a bit disastrous right now, but her room is really shaping up. She's very excited about it, and I am excited that maybe this will be the time that she keeps her room clean!

I went to my Friday afternoon lunch with Denny & Orinda, as usual. L went to Rotary Gardens with Allegrea & Anthony. Sounds like they had a lot of fun. Both A & A got some gorgeous pics of the gardens and some very cute pics of L, but they haven't yet gotten them to me.

Friday afternoon, after lunch, Allegrea, Anthony, Dej, and I took a little trip to Austin's shop (Baldwin Body Art). I got another tattoo--my quickest, easiest one. Anthony has never seen the process before, so he watched. We've been trying to encourage him to get his own ink. Maybe next time he comes, he will be up for the big adventure. Dej got an industrial piercing. She still wants tattoos, but can't quite commit to a design at this point.

We came back home and hung out for a while, until Anthony had to leave for his dinner engagement. We've all had lots of time together this week, and it's been great! Anth., Allegrea, and I have so much fun together--we can talk for hours on end, and they are both very entertaining, so there's lots of laughter.

No comments :