Friday, June 17, 2011

Thanks to the rain...

Wednesday morning I came out the door to another gray, gloomy, rainy day. I noticed this rose and had to run back in to grab my camera and take this photo.


Here’s how yesterday's very important meeting day went:

5:00 am – Wake up and stumble to bathroom. Why, oh why, do I not know by now to look down, especially when barefoot? Thank you, Carrie, Queen of Giant Hairballs.

Fail to go back to sleep.
Try to put makeup on faster than I sweat it off.

Really?! Find that brand new micro fishnet nude hose have a giant hole in crotch. It’s my only pair and no time to get replacement, so I go with the extra venting and hope for the best. [Photo taken today. They didn't get any worse at least.]

Sweat.

I am certain that this skirt was not this tight last summer when I wore it. Curse. A few times. Damn that chocolate peanut butter zig zag (vegan) ice cream and her late night siren call to me.

Look in the mirror and realize this is one of those rare times (two or three per year, maybe) that my hair turns out just the way I wanted it to. It looks pretty good for a change! Maybe this day is starting to turn around a bit for me?

Drive to meeting location.

Arrive at the building; look in car mirror to fix melted makeup; dab sweat; realize that the sweat has moistened my hair enough that it has it curling in every direction. The style is completely obliterated. Pull it back into ponytail for control. Grrrrrr.

Realize while walking in to the building that the wind, my skirt, and my stockings are having a very unpleasant interaction, causing the damn skirt to ride up. Hold skirt to keep it in place while I walk the rest of the trek to the building.

The day has most definitely not turned around for me.

Sweat.

Go into the building. Finally. Continue to sweat.
Dread the thought that I will have to sweat through the next three hours of the meeting.

Move to meeting room. Frigid, cold meeting room. Oh sweet relief! Though I feel bad for my shivering colleagues, I am so happy for myself! There is only one moment, and it is this moment, and I AM NOT SWEATING!

No comments :