Wednesday, April 25, 2007

LOST day!!!


No pictures from today, but a fun one nonetheless. It's Petey (named after Peter Young, of course) on one of the rare occasions he isn't being naughty/destructive. He's sitting up in the chair like such a big boy.

Wednesdays are always happy--especially when there is a new LOST episode on! YEA!! It was a long Wednesday. I was tired when I got to my first job this morning (teaching) but made it through the class, the drive to Madison, parking tribulations, a long work day at my second job, an end of the day meeting, and the commute home. Whew! It all gets better after that. We had a delicious stir fry dinner--I did most of the prep work on Sunday, so it wasn't so much work tonight. Dej went to Brandon's, so I missed having her there for dinner. Haven't seen her since this morning :( After dinner, we had a rousing game of Scooby dominos, then reading.


The bird made it through the night. Allegrea said she was flying around and mobile throughout the day but came back to the same spot on the fence to roost after sundown tonight. She'll keep an eye on the bird and let me know in the morning what's going on with her. We chatted for a bit on the phone tonight. I always feel a bit happier after talking to one of my (real) AR friends, but I don't get to do it nearly often enough.


Oh, and we got our package from Amazon today--I love those. I ordered the next two books of the Fairy Realm series for Luciana, along with Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass. I have a copy of it somewhere already, but I'll be damned if I can find it. I just gave in and spent $5 on a cheapy copy, because I think she will really enjoy the book.


We just finished a book called Claude and Medea, by Zoe Weil (she's the president of the Institute for Humane Education). It's her first fiction book and is a mystery for kids. It was an AWESOME book, and Luciana and I both enjoyed it. The hero and heroine develop quite a social conscience and also solve a dog-napping crime ring mystery. As it turns out the dogs are stolen for cruel experiments. Sadly, that part is more fact that fiction. I am really hoping Zoe develops this into a series or at least continues with kids fiction. Anyway, the quote in my header, "Is your life the message you want it to be?", is from this book. It's such a powerful quote. It really struck me, and it's wonderful for children to think about this as well. The book was discussing Ghandi, and his answer to the question asked by a reporter, "What is your message to people?". Ghandi answered beautifully, in his profound, straightforward way: "My life is my message." I strive for that. What an amazing thing to be able to say!

No comments :