Sunday, April 29, 2007


Today was the much awaited birthday party. We got to Madtown Twisters at 11, and the kids played there until about 12:30. The trampolines and swinging on the rope seemed to be the favorite activities. The girls basically had the whole gym to themselves, and they all seemed to get along fine and have fun. We left there and went to Old Chicago for pizza and vegan cake (which Sorrel made). Luciana felt bad at the restaurant that she didn't get much time with Sylvan, so we'll have to schedule a play date soon for them. I was really, really hoping to get some time to work in the garden today, but I just didn't get all my Sunday work/chores done in time. We didn't get back from the party until after 3, and that doesn't leave much time to get everything done.


Mark returned this evening, a bit earlier than expected. He's a bit on the grumpy (tired?) side. That's not the way you're supposed to return from a pleasant site-seeing trip. I don't think he missed me as much as I missed him this time.


Friday night, when I took the girls to Target to pick out Sylvan's birthday gift, I also got the girls each something. Luciana got a cd walkman. I was surprised to see how inexpensive they are. I gave her several choices, including a Hello Kitty walkman, and a pink one with flowers. She chose the plainest gray one of the bunch. I asked her why she chose that (I was curious of anything she would choose over pink or Hello Kitty!). She said she chose that one because it had headphones. That was the only model, of the choices I gave her, that showed the headphones--the others all had them packaged behind the walkman. I was glad I asked her that, because once I explained that they all had headphones, she chose the pink floral walkman. She's been listening to it quite a lot since then. She likes to listen to it now at night while she is going to sleep. She puts "calm" (classical) music in. We like to close our eyes when we listen to classical music and just look at the pictures our brains make for us. She told me the while listening to her Nutcracker cd on Friday night, that it made her picture Humpty Dumpty falling off the wall. She just turned off her Franz Liszt cd, who I adore!!, because she said it was dark and making her have angry and scary pictures. She decided that her symphonies cd would be a better choice for tonight.

No comments :