Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Still Life


I don't get to see very much of Dej's art. Some of it is at school, some of it just seems to disappear, and every now and then, I get a peek of something. Dej brought this picture home from art class (drawing II), and I snagged it and scanned it before it disappears into the abyss that is Dej's bedroom. Unfortunately, you really have to see it 'in person' to get the detail and layers of shading in this picture.

It's Saturday night. My little one is asleep. My big one is at the boyfriend's. My husband is in St. Louis. I'm bored. Allegrea and Dejanique were both here last night, and we had a lot of fun hanging out. Tonight is not fun. I won't be able to fall asleep until after Dejanique gets home.

Luciana was the only one in her gymnastics class today. My parents and Dej went along to watch, and she was a little stinker in class. She was very chatty, which is pretty normal, but she just seemed to have no focus or coordination. She was quite silly. We had beatiful weather today. Luce was pretty sad that she couldn't find any friends around to play outside with.

We went to Kohls with my mom. Now that I'm working through the summers, I need some nice short sleeved shirts--I don't want to wear tank tops and t-shirts to work. I don't enjoy shopping for clothes at all now that I'm chubby. Nothing looks the way I want it to on me, and most of the really cute clothes are not appropriate for me at this size:( I got a few shirts--they're okay, and the only one I really love is sleeveless, so I probably won't wear it for work. We also went over to my parents' this evening for dinner. My dad made pizza. Dejanique even made it over to eat with us. We watched the first two episodes of LOST season 1 episode 1. I think the parents enjoyed it. How could you not?!!

No comments :